O’Hare went smoothly…I was the only one in the Iberia check in line and security took all of 10 minutes. The flight from Chi to Madrid was long, with the dumbest movies (Sean Penn...bite me ew) and moderately disgusting food(cheese and bread =good). I met some girls going to study in France who were from all over the Midwest and kept me company for a few hours.
After arriving in the Madrid airport and going through the passport check point and getting re-searched for weapons and paraphernalia of sorts I tagged along with a guy and a girl from Texas Christian University (Dallas/Fortworth, TX). We stuck together and talked for about 3 hours while we were layed-over. The guy even let me use his phone to call home, which was nice and convenient. They were headed to Sevilla (southern Spain); we exchanged info in hopes of visiting each other later in the semester.
My connecting flight to San Sebastian was very small-less than 100 people could fit in it. I was the only non-Spaniard, which was slightly awkward but everyone thinks I’m Spanish anyways so I guess it doesn’t matter.
[Central Americans even asked me questions in the Madrid airport about what train to take to their gate…which was weird because they speak only Spanish…they are at more of advantage than me and I had the same gate and figured it out…but I guess I look Spanish and probably smarter because I was wearing glasses].
Monday, January 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment