Tuesday, January 23, 2007

LA ESCUELA

LA COMIDA

The food here is so good. Way better than anything you could ever find in any American grocery store. The oranges here could kick the ass of Florida’s and California’s. Everything is very rich, so it takes less food to make me full. The meat and cheese and produce in the markets…are SO GOOD. I will never be able to eat anything in America again without thinking it could be better. I would eat a Ham and Cheese sandwich (made by me) in Spain over any Maggianos dish any day. Plus, produce is pretty inexpensive if you know where to look.

CURSO INTENSIVO

Right now all the NON-Latin American foreign students here are taking an Intensive Spanish Course for the next 3 weeks while the Spanish students are still on winter break. The first day we had to take a test so they could see if we were in the high level or low level. I was placed in the higher level, so today was my first Spanish class there. My professor is such an adorable and nice little Spanish man. There are about 30 kids in my class. 6 from the U.S., some Italians, some Germans, some Swiss, some French Canadians, some French, some Danish…and a Bulgarian guy. Pretty diverse class. I like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make freinds with the italians!
The food sounds amaxing also... To bad we don't markets with fresh produce...

courtney said...

i bet that teacher of yours is no mando... but then again there is no one quite like him.