Thursday, January 25, 2007

LA NIEVE

LA CAMA

I hate my bed. It is so small and uncomfortable as you can probably tell from the picture that I posted. I went to this store, Lidl, which is a German chain…kinda resembles Aldi/Dollar Store…and they randomly had 9Euro Yoga Mats so I bought one for my bed…then since I don’t have a thick enough blanket I bought extra towels to sleep with…kind ghetto..but o’well.

LA NIEVE

The weather since I’ve been here has been crazy. I think I’ve seen summer, spring, and winter in 5 days. It’s been every where from 20 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit. We’ve even seen a funnel cloud in the sky. Not to mention it snowed for the first time this winter in the Basque Country yesterday morning. It apparently is VERY rare when it snows here. My prof said that it hadn’t snowed in a few years and when it does snow it never snows more than like a couple times a winter.

Anyways the less than 1 inch of snow made national headlines. People freaked out and traffic was stopped for miles. I have no idea why…In San Sebastian the snow didn’t even stick, and my prof was still 15 minutes late to class because of traffic. It only stuck in the mountains. It only snowed for 2 hours….after it stopped it warmed up to 50 degrees…sun shining…and no evidence that winter had even happened. But, they of course spent 20 minutes talking about it on the news…

Another observation…they use umbrellas when it snows. Good idea since no one would dare where anything to keep their head/ears warm/dry…not in style, ya know.

EL INTERNET

Ok, so we are hopefully going to be hooked up to the internet very soon. I think in less than a month. We already ordered a wireless router for the flat. The installation is like 30 Euro for each of us and about 20 Euro a month for each of us….So, I’m gonna go for it because it costs 2 Euro an hour in cafes/bars for an hour…so may as well just buy it. Plus, I already need it for research for class.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Towels are ghetto. Why don't you just buy a blanket?

The weather sounds like St. Louis.

Anonymous said...

Weather doesn't seem too different than Milwaukee....