We first took a bus from the airport to downtown. It was a little difficult trying to figure everything out in Portoguese at first. But, we survived.
We stayed at a hostel called Albergo Olisipo. If you are every in Lisbon, this is a great hostel to stay at. It is extremely clean, safe, inexpensive, and the staff is very helpful, friendly, and English speaking. Our roommate at the hostel was a 30-something Australian man who was really nice and helpful as well.
We set out to find a place to eat. We stopped at a cafe to kill some time. Then we got dinner around 9 p.m. I had Bacalhou aka Portoguese style cod fish. My goal for Europe was to try Bacala, bacalao, bacalhou whatev in every country that has it as a main dish (Spain, Portugal, Italy..) in order to compare. I have to say Portugal has some good recipes.

Portugal also loves desserts, cheese, wine (port from porto especially), and pate. These food are all absolutely excellent in this country. And I would know since I basically ate my way through Lisbon. The food is defitetely up there on the France/Spain/Italy food scale.


No comments:
Post a Comment