Sunday, January 28, 2007

EL BAÑO Y MAS

The flat we live in…is a bit dated which basically means on the verge of collapsing. Luckily, I am an outstanding plumber…haha. I have already fixed the shower 2 time since we’ve been here. The first was the first day when the water didn’t go down and I bent a hanger and unclogged the drain..then the 2nd was yesterday when the knob got jammed and we thought we would never be able to turn on the shower again since neither of my roommates could un-jam it. But I used my magical plumbing powers and pliers and fixed it in 10 minutes. Who knew I was so handy?

I should also mention that our flat is totally slanted on like… a 30 degree angle. When you set a glass on the table..it slides down. Hahaha..

I decided against going out on Saturday night because I was too tired and addicted to the book I started reading Saturday afternoon, The Secret Life of Bees. I finished the book in one night…great book, definitely worth not going out.

Got up much earlier than my roommates on Sunday and took a stroll through the city. San Sebastian’s soccer team, Real Sociedad must have won a huge game because hundreds of people were out chanting and wearing the team’s colors, jerseys, and scarves…fog horns and car horns going off. Craziness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

noooo...
the party was before the team... and we didnt win... there was so much people and noise because it was a DERBY. A derby is when two teams that are from very near places and are very rivals, play. Todays football match was between Reasl Sociedad (San Sebastian´s team) and Athletic de Bilbao (Bilbaos team)
LEIRE