She arrived on a Wednesday, and I'm very busy on Wednesdays and Thursdays with classes and group meetings. So, all we did those days were get some pintxos and walk around a lot. She did a lot of sightseeing on her own because I was at school all day long.
Friday I had the day off of school because Michael Porter was recieving an honorary doctorate from my university (Deusto). He is very famous here. I'm not gonna lie, I never heard of him until I got to my classes here....In any case, we slept in and then did more walking around the town.
We left on an 11:40 P.M. bus to Barcelona on Friday night. The bus ride was..interesting to say the least. There was some crazy man directly behind me who was screaming and shouting awkward things in Spanish and outraging all the other passengers (especially me). Not to mention, his only "luggage" was a duct taped cardboard box...Fishy? I think yes.
We arrived to Barcelona at 7 A.M. We putzed around for awhile and then took the metro to Diagonal (where our hostel was located). We stayed at Sant Jordi Diagonal hostel, which was very decent...the people who ran it were extremely laid back (as in wore pajamas 24/7). But, all was well.
Barcelona is a massive city. The metro is easy to take, but I'm addicted to bus tours, so we did that again.
In the 2 full days we were there we did many things which included:
Sagrada Familia
Casa de Gaudi
Other Gaudi
ate at the Hard Rock
Rode the cable car
Went to the beach
Shopped at Las Ramblas
Visited Placa Espanya
Visited Placa Catalunya
Ate at a place by the ocean
etc...etc...
Barcelona picture medley:













Was a great weekend all in all! We left at 11:30 P.M. on Sunday night and got back to San Sebastian at 6:30 A.M. I took a short nap, then I had to go to class at 10 A.M.
After class, we took a bus to France for the afternoon. In France we did more walking around by the beach, looked in all the little stores, ate a grrrrrreat lunch. Ah, I LOVE French food.
Biarritz, France picture medley:













The rest of the week we went to the beach as much as possible to picnic and hang out. On Wednesday, We took the funicular to the top of Monte Igueldo too. Thursday is my busiest class day so Gina visited the Palacio Miramar on her own and did some shopping in my neighborhood. Afterwards we went for Coca Light with some of my friends. Then, Gina and I went to the Irish Pub for dinner. Of course, I fed her plenty of gelato all week long...
On her last day (Friday) we got a cab at 5:45 A.M. and were in the airport by 6:30 only to find out that the plane Gina was supposed to take from Madrid didn't arrive the night before because we had a bad storm and thick fog..so, her entire flight had to be bussed 1.5 hours to Pamplona to catch a flight to Madrid there. Alas, she is home now! Hopefully with good memories of San Sebastian, Barcelona, and Biarritz! :0)
San Sebastian with Gina:



















1 comment:
Nice black and white pics!
Post a Comment