


On the first day of spring break I went to Biarritz, France. It is a small beach resort city about 30 minutes drive from San Sebastian.
I spent the day with Laura, who is studying at Deusto with me and also from MU, and her 2 friends from home (WI) who were visiting.
We took Euskotren to Hendaye, France and then switched trains at Hendaye and got off at Biarritz. Luckily, Laura speaks a little French, which was helpful at the ticket counters. However, since we are so close to the border, Spanish is almost always understood too. And, I wouldn't even try English there.
Biarritz is in the Pays Basque (French Basque Country). They also speak Euskera like the people of the Basque Country in Spain, only they speak it with a bit of a French accent.
Also, the main reason that I would recommend anyone to go to France is to eat. Best food in Western Europe hands down (my unbiased opinion). I don't care what anyone else says...French food is the best around. French food>Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Luxembourgish, Flemish...etc.
So, what did I eat in France? Tender chicken breast with rice covered in a creamy cognac sauce with a glass of superb French wine and some bread on the side, of course.
Other than that we just strolled around the town. We shopped a bit, checked out the beach, and I went on a mission to figure out how to find my way to the airport from the bus stop for the following day.



1 comment:
I love all these pictures, very postcar-esque. It sounds like a good time, I want some French wine! And of course the beach ;)
Post a Comment