So before I left for the JPII airport, I took a quick walk up the hill near Monika and Rajmund's house. On top is a restaurant/lobby for Jagiellonian University, as well as residence halls for ERASMUS students in Krakow.
The building at the top was an old German spa during WWII. It is now the restaurant/lobby.





Monika waited in the airport with me while I waited in the SUPER LONG security line. I must have waited over 35 minutes, which was the longest I've waited in years. When it got to be about 30 minutes until take off I did the European thing and completely shoved through everyone until I got to the front. Rude? yes. Do I care? no. Made my flight in good timing.
I arrived back in Germany early. Then, I had to go through customs, because I came from Poland and not a Schengen country. The German asked me questions like: "Do you live in Germany?" No. "Do you live in Spain" Yes, I have a Spanish VISA. "Yes I see that. So will you be staying on holiday in Germany?" No I am just passsing through."ok" stamp....
So in Germany there was beautiful weather...upper 70's sunny. Naturally, I decided to eat my packed lunch from Monika, read my book, and drink a gigantic German beer while soaking up some rays.

About 4 hours later, at 6 P.M. I checked in and went through security yet again for my 8 P.M. flight to Rome.
I arrived in Rome at 9:35 P.M. and took a 10:00 Terravision bus from Rome Ciampino airport to Termini Station.
Just on this 1 hour bus ride I could aready tell Italy was super gross and dirty, or atleast Rome is. People peeing all over the side of the rode (this actually does not differ from Spain or U.S. universities on weekends), cars driving like maniacs, motos weaving through traffic, graffiti everywhere, trash all over the place...then the creepers at Termini.
I had looked up my hostel on a map ahead of time...literally a 3 minute walk from the bus stop at Termini...so I bolted there without problems.
My hostel was nice. More like a hotel with bathrooms ensuite and room key cards. I had 3 rooommates (1 cool guy from Thailand who was studying in Germany and then 2 other Euros-a guy and girl). The Euros creeped me out a bit because they slept in their underwear and I mean...the girl in bikini briefs and a bra and the guy in just briefs...that is so scandolous. They probably thought I was a huge weirdo for sleeping fully clothed including socks and hoodie.
End of day.
No comments:
Post a Comment