Monday, April 16, 2007

Spring Break Day 2: Thursday April 5, 2007

I stressed the entire night before about all my travel plans and finally made it to bed at 1 A.M. to wake up again at 5 A.M. I then stressed more, swept the floor, took out all the trash and recycling, unplugged the entire apartment, gathered my things and took off at 8:15 A.M. for the bus station.

My bus left San Sebastian early and arrived in Biarritz, France at 9:50 A.M. which was 20 minutes ahead of schedule.

I ran to the bus stop near the tourism office and caught the 10:07 bus to the airport. If I would have missed it the next bus was not until 11:15.

I made it to the airport and relaxed until they began checking in at around 11:00 A.M.




My flight took off about 20 minutes ahead of schedule (sometime near 1 P.M.).
I met a really cool girl, Emily, while getting on the plane and talked with her during the flight. Emily and I retrieved our luggage at the Frankfurt Hahn Airport and went to get a little lunch together (Hot Pretzel and Apfel Lift). We waited at the bus stop together too. She was headed for another city in Germany and I was headed for Luxembourg. But we exchanged info (facebook, of course).

My 5 P.M. bus to Luxembourg departed 10 minutes early. The drive through German and Luxembourgish country side was great. The bus ride was about 1 hour and 40 minutes. I love long bus rides, so I enjoyed just listening to classical musical and watching as we passed cute little towns, deer, forests, rolling hills, mountains.







I got dropped of at the main station in Luxembourg, conveniently 1 block from my hotel for the night. This is a lot bigger deal than it sounds since I really didn't know where I was going to be dropped off in Lux because the bus company's website did not list the bus stops in English so I just "eeny meeny miney mo-ed" it with the whole picking a bus stop in Luxembourg City thing. Lucky me though.

Checked to the hotel. It was a small room with a huge bathroom. It was very clean too. I dropped off all my luggage there and went out for a little walk with a map to figure out the city. It's a really easy city to walk so that did not take too long. Then I went in search of food but I was too chicken to try to read menus in Luxembourgish language (yeah, it is a real language), so I just opted for McDonald's near my hotel. I attempted to order McDonald's in French since Luxembourgish has a lot of French influence...that was kind of difficult considering I speak next to 0 French, but I got what I ordered (Curry McChicken, Fries, Coke).

I ate in my hotel room and watched One Tree Hill dubbed in Luxembourgish and then I watched CNN UK and Euro MTV's special on "The Best of J.Lo". Needless to say, those programs got old fast so I went to bed at 9:45. Hahaha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you're so detailed. Why is it that everything leaves before scheduled? And I think I want to try some Curry Mcchicken too, the states definetly need to invest in that idea.

Amie said...

Well it leaves early because Ryanair gets fast flying pilots and they basically rush your through to get it to leave early.